CHRISTIANITY
my daily walk
MEDICAL SCHOOL
decisions, challenges, and experiences
FOOD
reviews and cooking tips
FLICKr
photos of all things interesting and delicious!




Glorifying God through my pursuit of a medical career.
Discernment is not simply a matter of telling the difference between what is right and wrong; rather it is the difference between right and almost right.
He that deserves nothing should be content with anything.
To go to heaven, fully to enjoy God, is infinitely better than the most pleasant accommodations here.
Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.
CMS
Spurgeon
Spurgeon
Edwards
Edwards
Edwards

Cooking Tip: Bacon in the oven

Comments
I decided to make a bacon egg sandwich today! I usually have a hard time getting my bacon to be crispy. I've tried pan-frying bacon at high heat, which is a bad idea because it burns before most of the fat is cooked off, so as a result, the outside is burnt and the inside is still too fatty and moist. I've also tried pan frying the bacon on low-medium heat, but the bacon still ended up soggy because it'd just end up swimming in it's own fat. I read somewhere that you're supposed to continually pour off the melted fat as to prevent the bacon from re-soaking it in, resulting in soggy bacon. This was really hard to do. How are you supposed to drain oil out of the pan when you still have all the bacon on it?

Anyways, today I decided to try baking my bacon. I placed the bacon on top of a baking rack and placed it on a baking pan covered with foil (easier to clean!). I baked the bacon at 400F for 15min, and to my surprise, the bacon came out crispy and not burnt! So, if you're a fan of crisp bacon, this is one way to do it!